Sunday, January 10, 2010

Salsa

As requested, here is the salsa recipe. It's uber easy and totally yummy. It makes more than twice the amount I brought the other night.

3 cans of crushed tomatoes in puree sauce (they are fairly big cans)
1 can of diced green chilies (tiny can)
1 can of diced jalapenoes (tiny can)
1 bunch of cilantro
1 bunch of green onions
salt
pepper
garlic powder
onion powder

I am lazy so instead of chopping up the cilantro and fresh green onions, I put some of the crushed tomatoes in the blender, then pull the cilantro leaves off the stems, cut the heads off the green onions, add more crushed tomatoes and let the blender chop it all up. Add the spices to taste, mix it all together and then eat.

The original recipe I got says to add fresh jalapenoes, but the longer the salsa sits in the fridge, the spicier it gets and I don't like it too spicy so I don't add them.

Enjoy!

Jen :o)

P.S. Thanks to Becky for an awesome Bunco night on Friday. I have successfully used all of my new storage containers I won for the most Snake Eyes! Woot woot!

No comments:

Post a Comment